Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are your hours of operation?

A:8:00a.m.-5:00p.m., offices are closed between 12:00p.m.-1:00p.m. for lunch.

Q: Do you do same day inspections?

A: Yes. You must call before 8:30a.m. for a morning inspection. You must call before 1:00p.m. for an afternoon inspection. Inspections are between 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. Monday - Friday.

Q: Do I need a building permit?

A: Building permits are required county wide for permanent structures.  If you are building a portable building that is 750 square feet or less, you will not need a building permit.

Q: Can I build a detach building with a living quarters?

A: Section 208 of the City of Claremore-Rogers County Metropolitan Zoning Ordinance states; not more than one (1) single-family dwelling or manufactured home dwelling may be constructed on a lot, except in the case of a lot which is within an approved Planned Unit Development or in an RT Residential Manufactured Home Park District.

Accessory Living Quarters: In the case of Zoning Districts in which dwelling units are permitted, the term means living quarters within an accessory building for the sole use of the family or of persons employed on the premises, or for the temporary use of the guests of the occupants of the premises; such quarters shall have no kitchen facilities and re not rented or otherwise used as a separate dwelling unit. The term includes “guest house.” (City of Claremore-Rogers County Metropolitan Zoning Ordinance. Chapter 21, Definitions. Pg.21-1)

Q: Can I have a mobile home on my property?

A: In order to place a mobile home on a parcel of land, the parcel must have the correct zoning. Zoning districts for a mobile home include; RST-60, RS