About AddressingRogers County
Addressing is critically important to 911 and the county’s emergency responders. While addressing is a function that most people never think about, a street address is the best and quickest way for an emergency responder to find a house or business during an emergency.
The addressing staff have many responsibilities, below is an example of a few:
· Assigns street addresses to new and existing residential and commercial properties.
· Maintains a countywide single address database, which is not only used by Public Safety Communications, but by all departments in the county.
· Coordinates with each municipality to ensure consistency of addressing data countywide.
· Reviews and approves all subdivision and street names to ensure that there are no duplicates within the county.
· Corrects addressing errors that are found by the emergency responders or 911 communicators, and works with Departments, the municipalities and property owners to ensure addresses and streets are properly posted.